Lots 1 & 2 DP732708 - Old Telegraph Road Maroota
PF Formation was granted development consent in July 2017 (DA/1380/2014) by Hornsby Council subject to conditions.
In summary, PF Formation proposes:
* To conduct extractive industry for up to 10 years in two stages
* Stage 1 for up to 5 years on Lot 1 DP 732708 Old Telegraph Road (Maroota Lodge site)
* Then 5 years in Stage 2 on Lot 2 DP 732708 Old Telegraph Road (Portelli Family site)
* No processing would occur on site - all material will be transferred to PF Formation's main quarry on Wisemans Ferry Road Maroota
* There will be no increase in PF Formation's production and no extra truck movements leaving Maroota
* A maximum of 20 loads would be moved from the site per day
* Trucks will not travel on Old Telegraph Road - they will enter Roberts Road directly from Lot 1.
* The maximum extraction depth will not go below 197 AHD well above the wet weather high water table which is estimated at 185 AHD. There will be no adverse impact on groundwater.
* The final landform will be a gently sloping agricultural property with a large dam on Lot 1.
A copy of the Environmental Impact Statement and the various consultants reports can be accessed below:
Please contact us for any further information. Hornsby Council will be assessing this development and inviting public comments. Please review their website for their assessment information and status.
Hitchcock Road Sand Extraction Development
This major sand extraction area between Hitchcock Road, Old Northern Road and Wisemans Ferry Road Maroota was approved by the Department of Planning and Environment in 2009.
The Department of Planning and Environment have completed compliance audits for sand quarries in NSW between May and August 2015. To view a copy of the DP & E Summary of the Compliance Audit Campaign of NSW Sand Quarries please click here.
Click here for a copy of the Conditions of Approval.
Click here for Environmental Monitoring Results
Click here for 2015 Revegetation Report.
Click on the following reports for copies of the approved environmental strategy and management plans as well as a summary of all monitoring results from the most recent Annual Environmental Management Report.
Annual Environmental Management Report 2017
- AEMR 2017 Attachment 1-8
- AEMR 2017 Attachment 9-10
- AEMR 2017 Attachment 11
- AEMR 2017 Attachment 12
- AEMR 2017 Attachment 13-14
- AEMR 2017 Attachment 15
An independent environmental audit is completed every 3 years. The last audit was completed in 2014 and is detailed in the Annual Environmental Management Report.
Lot 2 DP 748820 Old Telegraph Road Maroota
In 2009 PF Formation acquired the site previously known as Maroota Mining. The site is consented to process material from other sites in Maroota.
Click on the following reports for copies.
Part Lot 2 DP 510812 and Part Lot 3 DP 567166,
Old Northern Road, Maroota
PF Formation was granted Development Consent at the site by Hornsby Council in 2009. The site is consented for 35 truckloads per day averaged over one month. In accordance with council approval an Environmental Management Plan was established and Annual Environmental Management Reports are produced.
Community Liaison & Review Meetings
PF Formation has regular meetings to liaise and review it's operations with Councils, community representation and other government authorities. The current community representatives are Marianne Scheumack, Shaunagh Hitchcock & Lisa Aylward
If community have any concerns, please contact John Graham or Peter Cummins to discuss it with us. If they are unwilling to raise them directly with PF Formation they could advise their community representatives so they can raise them at these meetings. The meetings are held bi-annually in May and November. Copies of the minutes are detailed below.